Friday, November 23, 2012

Early Morning Thoughts

I've been up since very early in the morning. No Black Friday shopping for me, but being on night shift totally screws me over when I have to readjust to real life. I'm really looking forward to Saturday and Sunday nights off... Especially because I get to spend Sunday night with my love.

You know how when you're awake you do a whole lot of thinking? Well that's what happened. I thought, thought, and thought some more. Every day on Facebook, I see some young lady or man degrading or being somewhat tart about the opposite sex. Whether through song lyrics, opinions, or experiences. Even at my hospital, there are so many BABIES - not the ones we deliver, but the ones having them - who are there with their mothers, and the guy who got them pregnant is nowhere in sight. I just hate it. I understand that there are other factors to what we see and don't see, but there's no doubting that this is becoming increasingly common and it's downright depressing. That's a topic for another day... I'd be typing forever if I stayed on this.

I don't care what anyone says... Song lyrics these days play a part in many people's expectations and outlooks on relationships. Movies too! People are making threesomes sound expected and commonplace. Making sex seem glamorous, easy, and without consequence. Portraying women like objects just for sex or entertainment. Making it seem like if you don't have a big booty or some nice boobs, you are unattractive. Watch what you listen to. The beat may be nice, but that ish over the beat is subconsciously sinking in. Truth. I've limited my amount of raunch music because of that. You begin to have these unrealistic expectations of things. "I want to find the man of my dreams in the most romantic setting, have a lavish wedding, honeymoon in France for two weeks, have 2 kids and a dog, and live happily ever after." Or the latter, "I'm just trying to have a good time, I can have sex with who I want, I'ma be fine." This is real life. Get your mind right.

Let me hop off my soapbox. Just some thoughts. Get mad if you want... That may mean you fall into one of the aforementioned types of people.

Watch yourselves, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment